|ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION, COMMUNICATIONS AND CONSULTING
for adults and youth
Wild BC Workshops
Patricia Spencer is a workshop facilitator for Wild BC, which offers a variety of environmental workshops and programs for teachers, youth group leaders, nature centres and community groups. Some popular workshops are:
"The teachers at Buffalo Creek Elementary found Patricia Spencer to be a tremendous resource person! Her knowledge of science, the environment and education helped teachers to plan engaging, interactive activities for their students." - Donna Rodger, principal, Buffalo Creek Elementary
Introduction to Survival Skills
Knowledge of survival skills gives you the confidence to feel comfortable outdoors in any situation. Survival skills also serve as a "doorway" into nature, to experiencing nature at a deeper level. Some of the skills/ topics introduced are:
- Sacred order of survival
- Shelter building (personal survival shelter)
- Tracking: learning to read the story of the tracks, compression releases
- Fire making
Transformational Dance and Movement
Exploring the Inner and Outer Landscape
This workshop is based on the transformational dance work of Anna Halprin. We will embark on a short movement journey, where we will raise our perceptual awareness of ourselves, others and the natural world. We will move from our own impulses and respond to others. Simple movement activities and "scores" lead us to deeper understandings, a sense of renewal, freedom and playful fun!
"Patricia is a brilliant guide through the sensory realm. I never knew how much wisdom a tree, a blade of grass, a flower blossom has to impart. Patricia creates a container so we can develop our inner listening." Cindy Wickingstad
Patricia Spencer MA (Education), is a retired teacher, naturalist and consultant, and the primary facilitator for Earthwise Ventures. She has studied with Tom Brown, Jr. (in tracking, nature awareness, survival and philosophy) and engages in ongoing naturalist training studies from the Wilderness Awareness School. Patricia has led nature workshops and programs for a variety of participants including students, teachers and community groups. She possesses a deep respect and love for the mystery and beauty of the natural world, which she enjoys sharing with others. She is also a Wild BC facilitator.
Your FacilitatorMember of:Environmental Educators Provincial Specialist Association
Environmental Educators of British Columbia
Williams Lake Field Naturalists
Some Previous and Current Clients
- Various workshops through Wild BC 2000-present
- Stewardship in Transition Conference, Williams Lake, BC (Coyote Mentoring workshop) 2007
- Scout Island Nature Centre, Williams Lake, BC (Coyote Mentoring workshop for staff training) 2006
- Chuntoh Education Society, Fort St. James, BC (Survival Skills and Coyote Mentoring workshops) 2005
- Mayor Megaw's Guest House, Vernon BC (Exploring the Inner and Outer Landscape movement workshops) 2004-5
- Global Environmental and Outdoor Education Council Conference, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005.
- Environmental Educators' Provincial Specialist Association of British Columbia Conference, Oct. 2001
- More about the South Cariboo - news, events, links.
- Chris Harris Photography - books and photos of the BC Interior.
- The Nuk Tessli Alpine Experience - with Chris Czajkowski
- Wilderness Awareness School - environmental education
- Windwalker Adventures - learn wilderness skills
- Cariboo Chilcotin Conservation Society - a non-profit society
- Williams Lake Field Naturalists - promote awareness of the natural environment
- Wild BC - education and stewardship
Header photo © Steve Monk